Unicorn Bark Recipe
I’m on a total NO SUGAR kick from struggling with my eating lately. I KNOW that it is sugar that affects my body more than anything else and I’m on a mission to really track how much of it I’m consuming on a daily basis and eliminating all areas that it sneaks into my life!
Basically I’m uber aware of EVERYTHING that exists with sugar in it and I’m on the prowl to not “ruin” all of my hard detoxing work from this past week with my current challenge group. I feel ENERGIZED. LEAN. CLEAR + FOCUSED. I feel UH-MAZING!!!
Here are some of the AMAZING things members of our COMMUNITY of challengers have recently said-
– I’ve learned I have more self control than I thought I had & I feel great!
– One of the main things I’ve chosen to do differently is plan it out & prep and yes, cook!
– Don’t get me wrong …have I wanted certain yummies the past four days but YES…I’m very proud of myself for staying the course! & I won’t lie, this group has been a HUGE part of my success…checking in & hearing them say things I was thinking or just the “ataboys” shared…while I’ve only met 1, in person, I’m empowered by each & every one of them!!
– I think one of the biggest things I’ll take away from this Challenge is to be aware & to really think our eating habits through…will there be times I don’t. Of course, I’m human, but I’ll get right back to smarter choices!
Here’s my take on what I’ve learned in trying to cut sugar out of my diet…
1. I’ve learned I have more self control than I thought. I feel more happy without all the junk food and various other bad sugars weighing me down. I’ve learned there are still tasty options out here that are just as filling.
2. The things I’m doing differently are making time to actually follow a guideline or plan of action food wise. I’m also holding myself accountable and encouraging others to keep going to help myself in this new challenge as well.
3. I was empowered by my own self control. I may tell others daily I want this or that sugary treat, but I am still holding out! I’m proud of myself for stepping up and actually doing something different.
4. The new habit I will use from this particular challenge is making myself think before acting when it comes to my food choices and what I am possibly putting into my body.
Sugar addiction is a REAL thing and it was my HONOR to help lead the path towards a healthier lifestyle for these women this last week. Don’t worry..if you missed out on joining it, I have another challenge group starting Monday, April 3rd.
Well now I’m on the hunt for healthy snacks that will satisfy my sweet tooth, but won’t set me over the edge with all of the hard work I’ve put in this week. And then I see these two words on the Beachbody Blog – UNICORN. BARK.
Need I say more?!
An absolutely delicious dessert that is totally healthy!! This Unicorn Bark is kid tested by both of my daughters and they love it!! This is going to be worth you making especially on those days when you need a sweet fix!!!
Tip: The consistency of this when made is a little bit like ice cream. I made the recipe as stated below, broke it up into little “bark” pieces, and then froze in a container in my freezer. It has been PERFECT for when you want something small and sweet after dinner and don’t want to ruin your meal plan! These are the times that my family used to reach for a candy, cookie, or ice cream – now, no need! 🙂
2 ¼ cups reduced-fat (2%) plain yogurt, divided
3 scoops Vanilla Shakeology, divided
4 ½ tsp. raw honey, divided
½ cup chopped medium strawberries
½ cup fresh blueberries
½ cup chopped mango (or pineapple, which is what I used)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
(I had bought toasted coconut flakes at Walmart a few weeks ago and they were AWESOME with this recipe!)
Line 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place ¾ cup yogurt, 1 scoop Shakeology, 1½ tsp. honey, and strawberries in blender; cover; blend until smooth. Place in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Place ¾ cup yogurt, 1 scoop Shakeology, 1½ tsp. honey, and blueberries in blender; cover; blend until smooth. Place in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Place remaining ¾ cup yogurt, remaining 1 scoop Shakeology, remaining 1½ tsp. honey, and mango in blender; cover; blend until smooth. Place in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Place large dollops of strawberry mixture randomly around prepared baking sheet. Repeat with blueberry and mango mixtures, making sure dollops are touching.
Gently cut through yogurt mixtures with a knife in a circular motion to create marbling.
Sprinkle top with coconut. Cover with plastic wrap
Freeze for 2 hours, or until firm.
Cut (or break) into bite-sized pieces; serve immediately, or freeze until ready to enjoy.
Recipe originally posted on the Team Beachbody Blog.